Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shunes Buttress (Zion)


After leaving Castle Valley Daniel (from Italy) and I arrived in Zion National Park with the goal of Climbing Shunes Buttress a 8 pitch 5.11+ route. The route was one of the best I have climbed in the desert with pitch after pitch of great climbing. I led the odd pitches giving me the 2 5.11c pitches and the 5.10+ bombay chimney. This route was strenous with the best rock I have climbed in Zion and the 5.11c pitch up high would rival any pitch anywhere, simply amazing.


Me leading the 5.11+ first pitch, sustained rattly fingers in a corner to some thin techy funky Zion stuff up high, 165feet of full value.


The 5.10+ Bombay Chimney


Daniel leading the 5.11- traverse


Starting the Crux 5.11 pitch, Amazing!!!!!!

Splitter Forever

Daniel on top of Shunes

No comments:

Post a Comment