Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cloud Tower (Red Rocks)

Cloud Tower

Daniel and I left Zion and headed for Red Rocks. Daniel needed to fly back to Italy on Friday, so we had a few days to get some routes done. At the top of my list was Cloud Tower, I had wanted to do it back in March but it was too cold. We got an early start wanting to be first on route however our friends Amy and Chris from Indian Creek just happened to beat us to the base, which was great to spend the day climbing with them. It was a cold and very windy day but the climbing was outstanding on this mega classic route, 7 pitches 5.11d. I led the odd pithces giving Daniel the technical thin crux corner 5.11d and giving me the last corner pitch 5.11c. We onsighted every pitch and had a great time, I would deffinitly repeat this one over and over, so much fun.


Daniel leading the Crux 5.11d wearing his down jacket


Crushing

The Final 5.11c Corner

Final Moves

Thanks Chris and Amy for the great pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment