Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rainy Days







I have spent the last week or so getting in some great free climbing with routes such as the Northeast Buttress of Higher Cathedral, the Free Blast on El Cap, another repeat of Serenity Crack to Sons of Yesterday, and several days of cragging. Today is a rest day as a big storm has made its way to Yosemite Valley and will rain til Thursday of this week. Last night I sleep in my van instead of my tent anticipating a wet night, when I was awoken at 2:00AM to the sound of breaking glass. I quickly peaked out the window to see a bear climbing into a car parked in the row behind mine. I watched for about 10 minutes as the bear destroyed the inside of the car and then came out and headed toward my van. I banged on the window and scared him off. About 20 minutes later I heard the sound of something banging on a car on the other side of the lot, the bear had found another victim.
Life has been good hear in Yosemite with lots of people to climb with and its nice to be around people that share your same passion.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back in valley, wish I was there! Any plans to get back on the big stone soon?...I think you owe it to yourself to get back on the shield!

    Studying for finals at the moment but getting out when the weather breaks and gearing up for the scottish winter season!

    All the best
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, good to hear from you. Good luck on your Finals. The weather has been great hear in Yosemite in October with cool temps and lots of climbers and few tourists. Not sure about an El Cap route, maybe the Salathe or Nose in a Day, but I am enjoying the free climbing for now.

    Take care,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete