Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Northwest

After topping out on El Cap I began to make my North and ended up in WA State. I decided to start my Northwest tour in Leavenworth, a climbing area where I learned how to climb essentialy. I was fun to go back and do lots of the climbs that I learned on and how they felt know that I am a much better climber. I spent 1 day free soloing a lot of the moderate classics like The Fault to The Catapult (3 pitches 5.6-5.8), Saber (2pitches 5.6) on Castle Rock and the R & D route (4-5 pitches 5.6) on Icicle Buttress. I also spent the weekend cragging at The Pearly Gates and on Careno Crag climbing some of the classic lines in those areas. After a rest day I decided to do a big Alpine solo on the North Ridge of Mt. Stuart, having done the route before I knew what to expect. Lots of 4th and mid 5th climbing followed by some 5.7 climbing. It was a great day on Mountain. With the weather heating up in Leavenworth I decided to make my way further north into Squamish, British Columbia. Unfortunatly I can not find the pictures I took in Leavenworth, they are saved in a folder somewhere on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment